Current Employment Opportunities
Library Assistant opening
Position Description: Friendly, patient, multi-tasker needed to join a dedicated staff at the North Hampton Public Library. Candidate must enjoy working with patrons of all ages; have good communication skills, both oral and written; be computer literate, and reliable. Must be available Monday – Saturday. Schedule includes some evenings, Fridays and some Saturdays. Approximately 8-15 hours per week.
- · Perform general circulation duties.
- · Shelve library materials.
- · Provide strong customer service.
- · Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work collegially.
- · Assist children, young adults, and adults with reference questions and help connect them to materials and information.
- · Process library materials.
- · Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- · Excellent communication and customer service skills
- · Ability to operate a computer and troubleshoot basic computer problems
- · Ability to work cheerfully and independently
- · Library experience is preferred but is not required.
Salary: $14.75 per hour. This part-time position does not include benefits.